Forum Discussion

jsiragusa
New Contributor
3 months ago

No audio again...but ONLY on Fox News Channel...again!

I am in the Phoenix area and this is happening again as I write this message. This audio "mystery" is becoming a common event, at least four times in the past few weeks that I'm personally aware of, and very frustrating! For extended periods of time, the audio goes out on Fox News Channel only. Audio on all other channels on my Cox Contour system work just fine!

I took the time to deal with Cox support a few weeks ago. They were presumably unaware of any such problem but had me turn on all eight of my TVs throughout the house so they could remotely reboot the boxes.  After 45 minutes of jumping through hoops, the rebooting was complete and all TVs had the audio restored.  Unfortunately, about 90 minutes later, the audio on Fox News went out again. The only explanation offered by Cox support about why this audio issue exists only on Fox News Channel was "this must be an issue related to the Fox broadcast transmission network".

I understand that technical issues happen but this is a chronic problem being experienced by MANY Cox customers in the Phoenix area that routinely watch Fox News.  That must represent a lot of people; why is Cox not on top of this issue and helping to isolate and resolve this problem for a significant part of their customer base?   

5 Replies

• Hello, I am very sorry you have not had the best experience with Cox. I understand how important communication and reliable service is. We value your business, and I would be happy to help. Please email us your “full” name, “complete” address, and a copy of your post at Cox.Help@cox.com for further assistance. Thank you!

Kstakis
    New Contributor

Exact same problem in Scottsdale. It only affects my tvs with the contour boxes. My two with basic cable boxes do not lose fox audio. 

StephanieS

KetchumDenizen

Sorry that you're having trouble with the audio.  I'd like to help!  Please send me an email with your full name and address, along with a link to this Forums post.  You can send your email to cox.help@cox.com.  

StephanieS