New contour sound issue
Got an updated contour box last week when we upgraded services. It will appear to work fine until you cycle through inputs. The series of events below will illustrate the issue.
1. Turn TV and box on
2. Cable feed works fine all the way around.
3. Decide to cycle input to HDMI 3 to watch Roku channels....works fine
4. Now decide to cycle back around to HDMI 1 to watch regular cable feed.... NO SOUND... picture fine...but no sound.
5. Cycle on to HDMI 3 again and Netflix has sound just fine
6. Cycle around to HDMI 1 and continue to have no sound.
7. Unplug HDMI cable from back of box...plug back in and shazam!....sound is back on HDMI 1
8. Repeat cycling around again and the sound is again gone when getting back to HDMI 1
I called Cox and the guy came out... was perplexed....switched out the box. Seemed to work fine for a few days....now it's back
I even tried a new HDMI cable to no avail.
Also...the older contour box never had this problem...