Forum Discussion

stubby_james
New Contributor
5 years ago

Multiple Problems with DVR Recordings

I have several ongoing problems with DVR Recordings. These problems have been going since I started my service in January. These problems include.:

• recording stops/freezes and eventually either exits to live programming or to a black screen.
  • audio stops completely
  • audio cuts in and out
  • recording exits and no selections can be made from the remote. Only solution is to unplug the receiver.

I have to unplug the receiver at least once a day. This is happening for almost all recordings. Many of my recordings continue to kick me out and are unviewable and I try to watch on demand. Sometimes even the same thing happens with on demand recordings. Everytime the on demand recording kicks me out I have to start over again (it won't go back to where it left off). Lsat week, I watched the first 10 minutes of Bull 4 times before I gave up.

I have had 3 separate technicians come out and they have replaced my receiver 3 times (and all of my wiring).  If this doesn't get fixed soon I am going to ditch Cox TV and go to Hulu. I have been paying for DVR service that is not working. I call about once a week and get no help from Tech support. I am at my wits end. Is there anyone who can help?

6 Replies

JaneYahoo
    New Contributor

I don’t have any answers but I am having the same annoying problems and am close to cancelling. 

KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      @JaneYahoo, we're sorry to learn that you're experiencing similar issues, and we want to help get this resolved for you. For further assistance, can you please include a link to this forum thread and reach out to us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com? Please also ensure all splitters, fitters, and amplifiers inside the home are in working condition, and that there are no loose or damaged connections between the wall and the equipment. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
        JaneYahoo
        New Contributor

Hi Kevin, i am apparently part of this ticket UNO000031703522 no time frame has been given to rectify this problem. In the meantime I am paying for a DVR that I don’t have full use of. 

Sherp
    New Contributor

I also have this problem. I’m a new customer too, and my eve freezes, skips, sound kicks out...basically everything described above. It’s really frustrating. I’m waiting to see if anything can be done about it 

KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      @Sherp, we recommend rebooting the internet modem first. After the reboot is completed, please unplug the cable receivers for at least 10 seconds and then plug them back in. If issues persist, please reach out to us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
  • I am seeing a history of intermittent timeout errors and gaps of time when the cable box should have reported back signal information but did not for some reason (which usually indicates there was trouble with the signal and/or 2 way communication at the time). We will likely need a technician back out to the home to investigate again to see why this keeps happening. If you would like for us to setup a service call, you can send us an email to cox.help@cox.com with a link to this thread and your home address.

Brian
    Cox Support Forum Moderator