Forum Discussion

Sis_Berg
New Contributor
4 years ago

Mini Box Episode Guide

2 nights ago I noticed that the mini box no longer displayed information about a specific episode for a tv series (comedy, drama, talk show, etc). It displays a “generic” synopsis of what the series is about. I spoke with a customer service rep yesterday & she new nothing about it so she was unable to assist me. It is still showing this today. Has Cox once again taken something away from their reliable customers? Are we now forced to rent a full digital box in every room of our homes?

11 Replies

keddy
    New Contributor III

Hopefully, this is a temporary glitch. If not, it is pretty sad for Cox to do this. The mini-box guide was already bare-boned, only going out 1 day, not including all the channels that you may subscribe to. The price has been raised from $1.99 to $2.99 to the current $3.99 a month.

• Yes....we are not toddlers, that just watch a program because of the series title.  Not all episodes are created equal.  We old folks don't just watch Becker, or Little House, or Seinfeld, or even some of the new series, just because of the series title.  How insulting to the intelligence of your customers.  Now, in order to determine if a particular episode is interesting, we must sit thru 10 or 15 minutes to learn the plot.....if it's not a plot that is interesting, we need to do the same thing for another program. By then, why bother?  Which advertisers are going to advertise on channels that people don't watch anymore?

modi
    New Contributor

I came in to make this exact complaint. 

Also a minibox user, and customer service call did not help.

I feel like it's been since last Saturday or so.

I have tried rescanning channels, searching for an update, and also unplugged my minibox for an extended period of time for a reset.  None of these have worked.

Example of what I was seeing off three channels with tv series on them.

Tri858
    New Contributor

I also came in to make this complaint.  Basically we see the generic description of the pilot episode or other general info. This is not why we pay for full Cable versus going to streaming. If this dumbing down of service is permanent (especially if it is a cost saving measure for them) it is one more straw on the camel's overloaded back. 

• I too have this problem.  At first I thought it was due to a new modem Cox installed on Sunday afternoon, but I see others have this frustrating situation.  It has been like this four days now.  If it s going o b this way, at least contact us who have mini boxes and also give us a discount for this change.

susden52
    New Contributor

go to the website epiguide.  You need the name of the show and the date it was first shown for the older shows.  It also shows what's coming up for the newer shows.  It lists all the shows

susden52
    New Contributor

until it gets fixed try this website.  Epiguides  You just need the name of the show and the date it was first shown and that's still on the mini box guide.   The describe every episode of past show and they also will tell you what's coming up for new a couple of new shows.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I don't have a Mini Box but I'll stab in the dark.  Are there options and settings with the Mini Box?  If so, there may be a new option to select descriptions.  I remember goofing with a Verizon cable-box, and there was a Series or Episode option.

keddy
      New Contributor III

No Bruce. There are some setting in the mini box, but no new option to select descriptions. If there are any moderators following this post, do you have any information on what is going on with this change?

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

I'm sure everyone checked settings first...but i wanted the honor of asking the stupid question.

I'm sure moderators have seen this post but don't know much about the discrepancy.  One of 'em just needs time to verify or duplicate it.