Forum Discussion

JD10
New Contributor
7 years ago

HDMI between Cox Contour Box and Samsung TV has no sound

I have the Cox Contour box connected with an HDMI cable to my Samsung (model # UN55EH6000FXZA) tv HDMI port and am able to get picture but no sound.  

I am able to connect with an HDMI cable to Apple TV and Roku to the TV and get sound.  I am also able to get sound from the cable box using a coaxial cable.  

I had a cox cable person out and he wasn't able to resolve the issue.  My box does work on other tvs.  I tried to troubleshoot with Samsung afterwards and they conclude the cable box is the one with the issue.  

Any suggestions for how to fix this?  

1 Reply

gsc331
    New Contributor III

I have the same problem with my Samsung Tv. The only thing that helps is to unplug cable box and reboot. After about a week same thing. I reboot again. Before I got HDMI cable I had no problems with the old three cable conection from TV to cable box, but this was with old cable box before I got Contour. By process of elimination I think it is either my HDMI on my TV or contour box. I also have a streaming device on my TV and have same problem with other HDMI port on Back of Tv, so I am leaning toward my TV. It is a little old.