Forum Discussion

cindy_h
New Contributor
3 years ago

HBO Max doesn't fully open on my Contour, even though Netflix and Disney+ work fine.

The HBO Max app opens to each show site, but the selected episode won't open on Contour.  An error message pops up to contact my provider, which I did.  Cox told me to contact HBO Help, which again told me to contact Cox.  Aaagh!  I can access HBO Max only thru Fire TV stick, but Contour would be more convenient.  Thanks for any ideas!

7 Replies

CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hello @Cindy H,

I am so very sorry to learn of your HBOMax troubles and I'd like to help. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address and the error message with a link to this thread so we can get started. We look forward to speaking with you on this matter.

Crystal S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Just stabs in the dark, but Max limits to 3 simultaneous streams.  It's unlimited for devices being logged in and browsing but only 3 streams.  You could also trying logging out of Max on Contour...clearing your cache on Contour...then logging in again.  Then, 1 step at a time, reboot Contour...reset Contour via Cox account...call Cox to re-provision your TV service.

cindy_h
      New Contributor

Thanks for your ideas, Bruce.  Three separate people at Cox contacted me - and rebooted Contour and the modem but were unable to fix the problem.  My other streams such as Netflix and Disney+ work fine on Contour, but not HBO Max.  I also uninstalled and reinstalled HBO Max, but no difference.  Unfortunately I'll just have to keep switching to Firestick remote.  Disappointing, but thanks again.

CrystalS
        Former Moderator
        Hello @Cindy H,

I am so very sorry to learn of your HBOMax app troubles and I'd like to help. If you are subscribed to our cloud DVR service, you always have the liberty to swap the box out and see if the HBOMax app works better on a different box. This way you can inform us if the issue is with the app or the box.

Crystal S.
        Cox Support Forum Moderator