Forum Discussion

Smhtwo
New Contributor
6 months ago

Does the clock work?

Just received a new/rerufbished replacement for my older Contour box that was permantly stuck in the boot mode, however, upon sitting down to enjoy my new, working box, I noticed that the majority of the lights in the clock display are Not working, even after playing with the brightness. Is this normal? Didn't seem to phase the technician while he was setting it up so I'm just wondering if this is the norm, or did I just get another bad box, for the 8th time. I would love a working clock, I used it all the time. It's supposed to tell the time but all I get are non readable dashes. 
Thanks in advance,

Scott

3 Replies

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Are you sure you're receiving a cable signal?  (Does live TV work)?

What receiver do you have?  Identifying Your Cox Digital Receiver

Are you sure the model receiver you have includes a clock display?

Cox TV has  'Front Panel Display Options' > Time Always | Channel Always | Channel When Tuning  Does Contour have a similar setting that would need to be set to 'Time Always'?

Does the clock not display after rebooting the receiver?

Try Resetting Your Cable Receiver

If the model receiver you have includes a clock display that doesn't show time with the proper Contour setting after rebooting and resetting, you could have a defective cable receiver.  Based upon your assertion that "the majority of the lights in the clock display are Not working, even after playing with the brightness", my guess is the box may function for viewing and recording, but the clock display will probably never work.

Smhtwo
      New Contributor

Everything works perfectly fine. It's just the lights on the clock on the new refurbished box they gave me are burnt out. Half of them are out/not working simple as that. Should not be that way. This is bad service. 

StephanieS

Smhtwo

That definitely doesn't sound so great.  Please send me an email and include your full name, address and a link to this chat.  You can send the email to: cox.help@cox.com.  

StephanieS

Cox Support Forums Moderator