Forum Discussion

SunnyinOC24
New Contributor
5 years ago

Deleted recordings saved on my Contour box

A significant amount of my recorded shows were automatically deleted from my Contour cable box overnight - what happened to them? Is there any way to restore them

3 Replies

Bravo_2
    New Contributor

My dvr only holds 20%. If I add more recordings it deletes the oldest ones to make room for the new recording. I cannot find any settings to change this

KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      @Bravo_2, to confirm, are you stating that when your DVR only reaches 20% capacity, recordings start to delete? In other words, you are unable to reach 50, 60, or even 90% DVR capacity? -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
    KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    @SunnyinOC24, If there is less than 20 percent of recording space, then an on-screen alert displays. If the alert displays, then you may need to delete current recordings. Is there enough recording space on your DVR? I would recommend unplugging the host receiver for at least 30 seconds and then plugging it back in. This may restore the recordings. Are recordings missing on all receivers? If only one receiver is impacted, and rebooting it does not resolve the issue, this would more than likely be due to equipment failure. The receiver would need to be replaced at that point. Please feel free to reach out to us at cox.help@cox.com, Twitter, or Facebook for further assistance. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator