Forum Discussion

TonyofAZ
New Contributor
5 years ago

Cox Watch TV Online using Micro Edge browser.

On Contour and I wish to Watch TV Online I'm asked to go through a number of steps To setup my Adobe Flash. My system won't allow me to do so... it gives me an error message of fxde.xact.3305.403.

I'm using  Micro Edge Beta browser. I have no trouble with  the Firefox browser.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Tony Olson

7 Replies

ekhawaii
      Contributor

Huh, I just logged on to my PC's Microsoft Edge and went to watchtv.cox.com.  After logon and activating the Adobe Flash drive request, I got the in.  Went to Live TV and selected All Channels.....I see the Guide.  I went to my ABC channel 7 and got the same NO Sound that I've gotten when using Mozilla and Chrome...Today.  Now Edge and Chrome does require an Flash (this will die in 2020) so you must have it downloaded once before activation.  Mozilla, does not use the same step...uses someother Flash interface or none.  So COX, maybe for a Cell App, its a problem, but not for a PC internet...at least for me.  By the way, the sound toggle of the SAP works for some but maybe not all the various channels that users are having problems across the whole market, regardless of browser.

Now, a Edge BETA browser, maybe here is the issue

TonyofAZ
      New Contributor

Thanks for both reply's. My problem is in the Edge Beta browser.I was curious if the error code I got in Contour (ftde.xact.3305.403) means anything?

I had no problems with Edge browser. Thanks for the help!

Tony

ekhawaii
        Contributor

Do you have sound issues with any station.  Lots of users are complaining in the different markets.  For me, abc,7 is definitely one.  Others are failing on Fox Sports  and sometime ESPN.  The SAP toggle does work Most of the time, but users are getting Spanish and not English.  Not many using Edge like you.  If you get a chance, report back from Edge sound or stuck display problems when using PC browser watchtv.cox.com.