Forum Discussion

chatf1002
New Contributor
11 days ago

Cox problem with signal processing

I have Cox on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA.  There are a couple of channels (both Los Angeles area broadcast channels) that have issues.  I have checked all of my TVs and the problem occur with all.

Channel 817, which shows older shows in their original 4:3 aspect ratio format is being horizontally compressed to a 1:1 ratio.  I've checked this channel with my antenna and it is normal (4:3 ratio).  Channel 818, which shows old movies, is experiencing "frame-dropping" with the picture.  Again, I've checked with my antenna, and the picture is normal.

When I've reported it to Cox, nothing gets done.  I've reported it over the phone and with online chat.  Any suggestions as to who else I should report the problem to?

• Hello, I am very sorry you’ve not had the best experience with Cox. I understand how important communication and reliable service is. We value your business, and I would be happy to help. Please email us your “full” name, “complete” address, and a copy of your post to Cox.Help@cox.com for further assistance. Thank you!