Forum Discussion

Wink
New Contributor
3 years ago

Cox Cloud Base DVR

Currently I have Cox TV (Contour 2), Telephone, and Gigabit Internet.      With the Gigabit Internet I have come close to maxing my 1.25TB internet data plan.   My Contour box was messed up and it had to be replaced a couple of weeks ago.   That box was also defective and a Cox Technician came and exchanged the box from a Contour HD DVR box to a Contour Cloud Based DVR box.   

My question is as follows.   Any shows that we save using the Contour, or any any of the On-Demand items, do this count towards (or use up) part of my 1.25TB Internet Data Plan?   I am hoping that it does not count against my Internet Data Usage because that would totally ***.   I do not want to  be surprised with internet overages on my data plan because of a cloud based dvr.    Please advise.  Thank you. 

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Even if a moderator does respond, it never seems like a definitive answer.  Some have stated it does count, some stated it does not and some give a non-sequitur.

What's the policy?  Where it it written?  Moderator will immediately reference Forum policy...so what about Cloud DVR & Data Cap policy?

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

I'll assume if you are to record a program, the only "app" you'd use would be the Program Guide.

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

I'm guessing the Cloud DVR box and the Wireless 4K Contour Stream Player have a different Program Guide than the traditional cable-boxes (coaxial).  I have a traditional box and have never seen programs marked as "Internet" in its Program Guide.

However, programs marked as "Internet" are for watching a program via the Internet (streaming).
      Meaning:  Source > Internet > Cable Box.

However, we're talking about recording a program marked as "Internet" to watch later.
      Meaning:  Source > Internet > Cloud DVR Server > Cable Box.

I should be charged once from Source to the Cloud DVR Server, but what about being charged...umpteen times...from Cloud DVR Server > my Cloud DVR Box?

www.cox.com/.../data-usage-and-cox-services.html