Forum Discussion

sdykeman
New Contributor
25 days ago

Contour resets my screen size

I have the same isse as this that you closed with no resolution so here it is again
 Contour 2 box, with daily updates, why??
ad resets my settings every time when my contour box does the update and when I turn my tv on the next day, I no longer have a full screen picture, the picture I have when I turn on the tv is like a small screen at the top left it like 1/4 of a picture. I have to go change the contour resolution  by going to the contour settings then video display and change it to 4:3 480i sd then wait a few minutes and then change it back to 1080p60 HD ( Best Available . My tv is a Samsung Q90 it not even a year old 

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Are you sure it's not a Samsung setting?  After you do the reset, does the same small picture happen if you turn the TV off and back on before the next Cox update?

HooverTV
    New Contributor

Picture in top left hand corner (SOLVED) | Cox Community

I got a new Samsung 55 inch QN90B neo QLED tv and started having a problem with a small picture in the top left hand corner of the screen every morning.

Initially, to fix it it required a reboot of the Arris DVR or going to settings on the DVR and switching to 480p res and then back to 1080p.

After many days of experimentation, I found that by disconnecting the HDMI cable to the TV overnight during the daily update, the problem did not occur.

So the conclusion I came to was that there is some kind of interaction bewtween the tv and dvr box during the daily update.

To isolate the TV from the DVR, I decide to purchase a HDMI splitter from Amazon for around $20.  I connected the DVR HDMI output cable into the splitter input and  connected  one of the splitters outputs to the one of the TVs HDMI inputs.

This apparently did isolate the interaction between the TV and DVR during daily updates and cured the problem.