Forum Discussion

Suny
New Contributor
6 years ago

Contour Error code ftde.0001

Problem with Contour Error code ftde.0001 seems to be a big problem for Xfinity many customers complaining. Any one else getting this error on contour?

14 Replies

• Hi Suny, when do you see the ftde.0001 error code? -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Suny
      New Contributor

I get the error when selecting "Watch TV online" from Cox.net home page.

Becky
        Hi Suny, disable any adblocker browser extensions, make sure third-party cookies are enabled within your browser settings, and ensure that your Flash player is up-to-date. Also, make sure your computer is set to configure TCP/IP (DHCP) automatically. Then try to access watchtv.cox.com again. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    imno007
    New Contributor II

I've been getting this too, since last night, trying to watch Contour via browser. The full message is:

"Please clear your browser's cache

Sorry, we're having some trouble. Please clear your browser's cache and then refresh this page.
    Learn how to clear your cache by clicking here.

(Error ftde.0001)"

Except clearing my cache, including cookies and everything else, does no good: I keep getting that error. And I get it with three different browsers: FF, ME, and Chrome. So I'm pretty sure if doesn't actually have anything to do with my cache. I've also tried rebooting my computer and modem, just in case, and that also made no difference.

Right now in Chrome, though, I can see the login box on watchtv.cox.com, but when I enter my credentials and click the sign in button I get this:

Whitelabel Error Page

This application has no explicit mapping for /error, so you are seeing this as a fallback.

Sat Aug 25 14:49:11 UTC 2018
    There was an unexpected error (type=Unauthorized, status=401).
    Authentication Failed: Error validating SAML message
      Becky
      Hi Imno007, disable any adblocker browser extensions, make sure third-party cookies are enabled within your browser settings, and ensure that your Flash player is up-to-date. Then try loading watchtv.cox.com again. It's working for me on Chrome this morning. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
        imno007
        New Contributor II

Done all those things, nothing has changed. I've even added the address and set to allow under the Flash settings in Chrome. In Edge I don't have any addon's at all because I rarely use it, still doesn't work. I'll just wait it out, I guess. This happened one day last week and resolved after a while. Thanks

chrispoor
    New Contributor

If I try to connect on my home network (which has not changed) I get the ftde.0001 error, but if I connect over my cell network it works correctly. This just started yesterday. As soon as I can I will play around with my network setting to see if I can fix this issue.

imno007
      New Contributor II

Well, needless to say, if you're using Cloudflare, or even another dns, try setting your dns to default to see if that fixes it. I'm convinced they've been messing around with something. Even though I'm having no trouble now accessing Contour and watching content, there have been several brief intermittent service interruptions in the last couple hours.

chrispoor
      New Contributor

Update: I just changed my DNS (was using Cloudflare's 1.1.1.), but changed to Cox's and now contour is working correctly.

imno007
        New Contributor II

Yep, there you go. I sure hope they aren't blocking it. I tried Google's dns and had no problems, it's apparently just Cloudflare's - and only when trying to use it with Contour.