Forum Discussion

MaxOC
New Contributor III
6 years ago

Contour and its remote are way too slow

I had to upgrade to the new Contour system a few months ago. Like so many other customers I have also noticed the slow response time when clicking through the remote control while interacting with the contour box. Sometimes you have to click the button multiple times to get a response, scrolling through the channel guide is really slow at times. I thought there was something wrong with my new box and the remote. I called Cox and they sent a technician and he put in a brand new Contour box and a remote. Same exact behavior. I strongly believe there is something fundamentally wrong with the Contour's technical design and its affecting its performance. After all Contour is essentially a computer and not a well designed one. Cox needs to address this issue since there are so many customers that are complaining about the same exact issue and we are all being charged quite a bit for this service.

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hi MaxOC, thank you for your feedback, and we apologize for the service issues. The Contour 2 system should not have a slow response time. While I'm not detecting any signal issues with the receiver, I'd like to send out another service technician to take a closer look. Please email us at cox.help@cox.com for further assistance. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
    Kiana
    New Contributor

We were just forced to upgrade to Contour (not Contour 2) and have also noticed the slower speed of using the systems. Also, we now have to click through a few unnecessary screens to view recorded shows. The system is extremely inefficient and we are missing our Rovi boxes and it's simpler, cleaner interface. We are sticking with our older remotes as the current ones are not set up in a logical and easy-to-use way; the buttons are too close together to let us use the new remote with only 1 hand. I completely agree that the Contour system is not designed well.