Forum Discussion

MVinsen
New Contributor
6 years ago

Contour 2 Sports Auto-Extend should be OPTIONAL

I want to be in full control of which sporting events I want to MANUALLY extend and which I do not - this auto-extend "feature" does not work for me - it seriously impacts my ability to record shows which are close to each other.

I have a 6-tuner Contour 2 DVR, and I can rarely record more than 3 concurrent shows, because some extra "padding" from a previous sports event is hogging the session, especially on the weekends.  Sundays with NFL events are just ridiculous...

Please make this feature something that we can toggle on or off in the preferences, just like Auto-Pad.

This will quickly become a deal-breaker for me...

Thanks...

MarkV

2 Replies

MVinsen
    New Contributor

P.S.
    Example:  10/18 Thursday Night Football, scheduled from 17:00 to 20:30 .... I set the record options to finish "On Time", and the scheduled recording states 17:00 to 22:00 .... (90 extra minutes!!!) ... which prevented my ability to record a show at 21:00.  This is ridiculous, and needs to be changed quickly, or I will be dropping off equipment at my local Cox store.   VERY frustrated.

MariaL
      Hi MVinsen,

With the Contour Record 6 DVR, you can record up to six shows at once. The auto-extend feature does not affect the ability to record multiple shows at one time. We can certainly look into this for you, however, we will need some information in order to do so. Please email my team at cox.help@cox.com with this post, your full name, and complete address.

Maria L.
      Cox Support Forum Moderator