Forum Discussion

Hiphubby123
New Contributor III
7 years ago

Contour 2 DVR Recordings

Upgraded to Contour 2 just over a week ago.  When setting series recordings, I’ve noticed you cannot specify which channel to record a series on.  You can specify HD and only new episodes, but not all airings of some series are marked as “New” or “Repeat”, so the DVR sets recordings for episodes that are clearly repeats.  Am I missing an option in setting series recordings or is it not possible to specify the channel on this new Contour 2 system?  This was possible on Contour 1.  Thank You.

5 Replies

• Hi Hiphubby123,

Please share the title or titles of the series are you attempting to record?

Hiphubby123
    New Contributor III

It’s actually several shows that I have set series recordings for where this occurs.  On the Contour 1 system, you are able to set series recordings for just new episodes and only on a specific channel.  The issue happens where a series airs on multiple channels and repeats are not labeled as such in the guide.  Examples include:  1) Around The Horn; 2) Pardon The Interruptiom; 3) Dateline; 4) Dr. Phil; 4) Rupaul’s Drag Race All Stars; 5) Real Time With Bill Maher; 6) Modern Family; 7) The Big Bang Theory.  I know we have a huge amount of space in this DVR but it is frustrating to have to cancel unwanted recordings of additional episodes of series that are not new ones.

• Hi Hiphubby123,

It sounds like you are setting up your series recordings using the microphone on the remote. You can specify the channel for each series by finding the show on the guide, press SELECT, press RECORD, ALL EPISODES and CONFIRM. For example, “Around the Horn” airs on ESPN and ESPN2, find the show on the guide on either ESPN or ESPN2 follow the steps and the channel will be specified. I would recommend canceling the series recordings that you have already set up before creating your new series recordings.

Hiphubby123
    New Contributor III

You are absolutely right.  It worked.  How do I cancel series recordings that I already have set so that I can reset them using your fix?

• You will probably need to cancel the series recording altogether and redo the recording again. I have not seen a way to differentiate between the recordings if the show has exactly the same name. Just to be safe I would cancel anything associated with it (click cancel all future recordings when the option comes up).

Brian
    Cox Support Forum Moderator