Forum Discussion

tookool
New Contributor
3 years ago

CONTOUR **

AS WITH THE OTHER REVIEWS I'VE READ, WE WERE FORCED TO SWITCH TO CONTOUR AND IT IS TERRIBLE!

THE BOX CONSTANTLY HAS TO BE REBOOTED AND RECENTLY THE REMOTE, WITH NEW BATTERIES,  DOESN'T RESPOND.

THE VOICE RECOGNITION DOESN'T WORK.

WHEN YOU TURN THE SOUND UP, THE SCREEN DARKENS!

THERE IS JUST NO WAY TO GET CONSISTENT PROGRAMMING, AND SOMETIMES THAT MEANS MISSING SOMETHING YOU REALLY WANTED TO CATCH.

AND MOST OF ALL, THE PRICING IS OURAGEOUS AND WE'RE TOLD THE WE HAVE NO CHOICES BUT THE PACKAGES CHOSEN BY ATLANTA.  I JUST HAVEN'T HAD THE GUTS TO SWITCH. 

I'D RATHER GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL BOXES THAT PROVIDED CONSISTENT REPSONSIVE VIEWING!

2 Replies

CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hello @Toolkool,

We certainly value your feedback, and I want to provide you with the best customer service experience possible. we really strive to provide a superior experience at each interaction and I'm truly sorry to hear that we've let you down. I want to make this right. Unfortunately, the purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone, and High-Speed Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. We look forward to speaking with you.

Crystal S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III
    FORCED TO SWITCH TO CONTOUR

Cox has probably mandated Contour for 4-5 years.  What were you using until now?

This reads like you have a faulty cable-box.  Replace it.  These boxes aren't new but reissued.  Another subscriber either had the same issues, returned it and Cox reissued to you...or the subscriber dropped a serviceable box while returning to Cox.

Cox issued my first Contour box with its AC receptacle dangling inside the chassis. The HDMI port on the second box was dead.  I noticed dead stinkbugs through the vents of one box.