Forum Discussion

JoeM
New Contributor
2 months ago

Complete outage

For neary two days our cable has been out. No phone, TV or Internet. No information about why or updates to when it might be restored. Signed up for text updates 13 hours after it went out. Nothing until 13 hours later saying techs would be working overnight to restore service but no ETA. Just a "courtesy" request if I wanted to silence the alerts overnight. That's the last message. After 41 hours, the cable finally came back up.

Things happen. They shouldn't happen for nearly two full days with no communication about when to expect repair or at least saying you're aware and still working on the issue. I've tried to call support but it refuses to let you speak to a human because they are already aware of the outage and the operator couldn't do anything more than already done. The app, which I could only use burning my data on my cell plan, had a generic message that they were aware of an "network issue causing intermittent outages".

I'm sure if I call, and can actually reach a human, I will get a credit for the outage but only if I call. I'll get apologies for the inconvenience. What I would like is an explanation of why an outage for nearly two full days can go on with almost no communication to the affected customers. This is truly unacceptable!

#outage,#poorservice

1 Reply

• Hello, I am terribly sorry to hear about the outage in your area not having been resolved yet. We can help with an adjustment as well. To get updates on the text alert, you can also reply with the word 'update' to receive an instant response with the current status information. When you have a moment, can you please email cox.help@cox.com with name, address, and link to forum thread. The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox High Speed Internet services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account specific issues, please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com. We appreciate you choosing Cox for your services, and for your patience while a resolution is being made for your services.