Forum Discussion

RockMan
New Contributor
5 years ago

Closed caption while viewing Settings menus

I cannot read or use the Settings menus because the Closed Caption text over-writes the Settings. Unbelievable thoughtlessness. Do NOT write Closed Caption text to the screen when we are using any Settings menus. Thanks.

Secondly, cannot read the program details in the Guide because, again, the Closed Caption text over-writes the details. Great job, guys.

3 Replies

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

I understand you may need closed captioning if you're unable to hear, but if you don't want it blocking your view, why don't you just turn it off?

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

What remote do you have?  Sometimes there are shortcuts.

For example, I have the XR11-RF.  (It's hard to read its model number because it's stamped with tiny, white font over gray on the rear-bottom of the remote.)

On this remote, I press the B button and it takes me to the Accessibility Settings.  The top option is CC.

However, if I quickly press the B button twice...as if I were double-clicking a computer mouse...it'll bypass the menu page (Accessibility Settings) altogether and only turn CC on or off.  You'll have to practice the "double click" to perfect it.