Forum Discussion

Ben453
New Contributor
2 years ago

Can't get refund for returned equipment

Totally frustrated. Returned 2 mini boxes in November, but was charged a $125 fee for each for not returning them in December. After going online and telling them, I got credit for 1, but not the other. Since then I spoke to 4 different agents online who say yes they see an open ticket and they’ll fix it.  So far NOTHING HAPPENS.  

when I call, the average wait time is over 30 minutes.  Only 1 store in the area which is only open during my work hours. I do not have time for this

This is how they treat a 30 year customer. 

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Ben453. The purpose of the Cox TV Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone and High-Speed Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach out to us on Twitter at @CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. Thanks, Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

The ONLY way to address this is to bring the receipt you were given when you returned the equipment to the Cox Solution store. Without that receipt, they cannot remove the charge from your account. Calling in to support ALSO cannot remove this charge from your account, because there is no way you can provide a physical copy of the receipt to the person on the phone. They can open ALL the tickets in the world, but without that receipt, and IN PERSON at the Cox solution store, the charge cannot be removed from your account. 

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor
    This is how they treat a 30 year customer. 

Cox is a different company then it was 30 years ago. I wish you luck, truly. 🙂