Forum Discussion

coxprblms
New Contributor III
6 years ago

Can someone on here perform a DVR recording test?

I've got a problem recording a program that's 8 hours long. It only records for 1 hour. I've tried calling in to Cox support but they can't even write the information down and keep asking me for the same information over and over. Just wondering if anyone is experiencing the same issue.

Can someone try to record the show "Center Court" on the Tennis channel (337)? You don't need to record it, just set up the recording and see how long it will record for. It's typically an 8 hour show but for some reason it only records for 1 hour. I'm wondering if this is an issue isolated to me or everyone.

I asked Cox to do this but apparently noone in tech support has access to a Cox DVR :^/

7 Replies

• Hi coxprblms,

It appears Center Court is airing tomorrow, Tuesday, Feb 26th from 3PM-11PM EST. I was able to schedule the 8-hour recording on our Contour 2 receiver in the office. This was scheduled as a single recording by pressing the guide button, locating the show/event, then pressing Record button on the remote. This was not scheduled while using the voice option. I can check tomorrow to verify if this recorded the entire event. I will follow up with you here on Forums.

Maria L.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
    keddy
    New Contributor III

💯

The problem is not isolated to you. I tried to record the tournament last week--it lasted for 8 hours and only recorded 1 hour. The next day I went back and examined what was happening. This is a glitch in the Cox system. Just now I tried to schedule the same recording that the moderator Maria scheduled. If you do this you will see where the problem is. Set recording from the guide. Click record button on remote. Up comes a box with "Just this episode" selected. Click the OK button on remote. You will then see a box with "Confirm" selected. Do not click OK at this time. You will notice down below under Duration that it says 1 hour. This is where the Cox glitch is. Scroll down with the down arrow until you get to Duration. You will then see arrows appearing to the left and right of "1 hour". Click the right arrow and you will see that the duration changes to 2 hours. Keep clicking the right arrow until you get to "8 hours". This is how long you want the program to record. Then up arrow until you get back to where "Confirm" is selected. Click OK and your recording will be set to record 8 hours. If you want to confirm, go out of the guide, click on Contour, right arrow to Saved. Click OK. Down arrow until the tennis recording is selected. Click OK. On the screen that comes up you will see under "Details" 480 min, the duration of the scheduled recording (8 hours). Cox needs to address this glitch. It only happens on long recordings like this.

keddy
      New Contributor III

Apparently the glitch is confined to the "Center Court" program on the Tennis Channel that is scheduled for 8 hours. There is a Center Court program that is scheduled for 2 hours, starting at 8 PM Pacific Time today that will program to record correctly. Strange.

coxprblms
        New Contributor III

This worked! I had no idea you could change the duration of a program by using the left / right arrows. I thought the duration was based on the guide. I adjusted it to 8 hours and its recording the full time now.

Hard to believe tech support had no idea. They were blaming it on the Tennis channel. I've talked to them several times over the last week. Unbelievable.

Thanks again Keddy!