CableCARD w/ TA - Only tunes 3 channels since service started
I just moved to the Phoenix area and signed up for Cox TV & Internet about a month and a half ago. I've been struggling to get my CableCARD setup to work since day one, and am being fully billed for TV service (the bulk of my bill) even though I can't use it.
When I signed up, I was initially mailed a CableCARD. I was able to get it paired using my HDHomeRun Prime on the first shot, however it would only tune 3 local channels (21, 1021, 1969). My understanding is it should have been able to tune all channels except premium channels which require a Tuning Adapter as they're SDV.
Went to a local Cox store and got a new CableCARD. That card was a dud. Went and got a 3rd card and was able to pair it successfully, again only those 3 channels. Was told I needed a Tuning Adapter (even though, again, without the TA it should still tune all but the premium channels which it wasn't), so I went and got one. Same issue, only 3 channels.
The HDHomeRun software allows you to record logs and send them to SiliconDust (HDHR manufacturers) for troubleshooting. They responded that Cox was responding that I did not have a subscription for any channels. Reported this to Cox multiple times, they've insisted that they've set it up properly on their end. Regardless, still the same 3 channels over and over.
Cox sent out a tech, who never showed up. Sent out a second tech who did, someone who has worked with Cox for 17 years and was very familiar with CableCARD setups. He said my TA was showing as a non-responder, which he found odd since my DOCSIS 3.1 modem on the same line (off a 2-way splitter) was showing as tip-top, and apparently DOCSIS 3.1 is very finicky about signal quality. He stuck around for 2 hours, verified no filter on the line, no issues with wiring, solid signal to the modem from his end and to the Tuning Adapter from the Tuning Adapter menus, yet still the same 3 channels and showing as non-responder. The TA was having trouble locking (getting to solid green) so he suggested I swap it out.
Went and got a new Tuning Adapter, locks on much faster, however, still the same 3 channels. Reached out to the tech, he confirmed the new TA is also showing as non-responder.
It's been a month and a half of this runaround and again, I'm being billed a lot of money for a service I can't use.
What gives?? What will it take to actually get this fixed??
Called in, finally got knowledgeable reps, and provided the additional info about CA Status and EMMs. They refreshed both the CableCARD and Tuning Adapter (CC had never been refreshed as it should have been) and I started to get channels, although was still missing big blocks of them.
Went to Tier 2 support, they resolved some of the issues but still missing some channels, they pointed out it's a provisioning issue (like I had tried to point out from day one ☹), they opened a ticket for the back office to fix the provisioning and credited me for the month and a half I've been without service, since they stated this should have been done properly from day one and wasn't ever a hardware issue.