Forum Discussion

msualwz10
New Contributor
2 years ago

Cable and internet is not working

For last month in Va Beach, VA my cable service and internet has been going out and cox keeps telling me we are in outage area! So why should I pay a bill when I don’t get service? Anyone else having this issue?? 

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Darkatt
    Honored Contributor

This is a forum for cox users to assist one another. In this case, you need to call and speak to someone about getting a credit, this isn't something we can assist you with. 

msualwz10
      New Contributor

Oh I’ve done that, and the issue is still there no cable no internet because they say there is an outage 

TiffanyR
    Former Moderator
    Hello Msualwz10,

I am truly sorry to hear that you experienced so much trouble with your service over the past month. I can imagine how frustrating that would be. I work from home, so I understand the importance of having service that you can rely on. I would like to help look into what's going on with your service and can review the account for a credit too. Can you email my team at cox.help@cox.com?

The purpose of the Cox TV Support Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable Television services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account specific issues, or would like to submit a channel request, please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com.

Tiffany R.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      msualwz10
      New Contributor

I’ve talked to many people with customer on cox and I keep getting same answer we are sorry but nothing we can due because it an outage. It’s been like 3 weeks and still have in and out service internet and cable no sound and tv is blocked up 

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

Are you under contract? Cancel your service or put them in vacation mode while the outage is occurring.

msualwz10
      New Contributor

Still having issues no sound tv freezes an internet now going out more . :( 

Darkatt
        Honored Contributor

Those are signs indicative of signal issues. Verify all cable connections are snug, replace any splitters, and if that doesn't resolve, you may need a trouble call. If the issue are caused by the signal coming up to your home, Cox will repair at no charge. If the issues are cause by in home wiring then there may be a service charge of 75$, unless you have Cox Complete Care, which is 10$ a month I believe.