Forum Discussion

darrell_c
New Contributor
4 years ago

Audio skips on DVR recordings recorded prior to 8/11.

My DVR recordings started having issues with the audio skipping.  I have watched them before with no problems.  I have one recording that was created on 8/11 that does not have the issue.  Everything prior to that seems to.

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    ChrisL
    Former Moderator
    I apologize for any inconvenience caused. It's possible there were some signal issues occurring prior to 8/11 which were recorded. I'd try a few more new recordings and see if you continue to experience any further problems.

-Chris
      darrell_c
      New Contributor

I don't think I explained my issue very well.  My recordings were fine previously.  I watched them with no issues.  Then they all started skipping.  Not just one or two but all.  Is there a way to repair them?  

Tammyandme
        New Contributor

Mine same issues started around the same time.  Did you get this resolved?

Tammyandme
    New Contributor

My same issues started around the same time.  Did you get this resolved?

darrell_c
      New Contributor

No.  Actually I can't get anyone to even understand the issue.  I spent almost 2 hours on a chat with someone from Cox and he was absolutely no help.  He wasted so much of my time just verifying the serial number on the cable box.  Then he wanted to explain to me how to record.  I know how.  I have viewed them previously and they did not have the issue.  So, I agree with you -- something happened around that time.  But the Cox guy couldn't even grasp what my problem was.  All I would like to know is if my recordings can be repaired.  Are they stored in the cloud somewhere or is there a hard disk in the cable box?  If you can repair files on a PC, it seems to me that these recordings could be repaired.  But I guess that would require SOMEONE to understand what the question is.

Allan
        @Darrell C, Is this issue happening with all boxes/tvs in the home or just one? -Allan