Forum Discussion

skRhody
New Contributor III
2 months ago

Apple TV APP not working on COX

I had problems with Apple TV app and Cox in the past. Then it was working for the past year. Tonight I tried to use it to watch a movie and it is not working. TV message tells me problem with interne...
    skRhody
    29 days ago

Great news and thanks for sharing. What model cable box are you using? Cox.help advised me my box XG2V2 and the 9865HDC box are not compatible with the Apple TV App. They also explained that "The incompatibility has to do with Apple TV+ and the firmware that runs those two boxes. As apps are updated, sometimes incompatibility occurs after the fact" which makes more sense to me.

The newer WIFI boxes are compatible with the Apple TV APP. I am not ready to change to a WIFI box because my Sony Bravia TV is not smart TV. My Netflix and Prime Apps continue to work fine with my current cable box. For now I will watch Apple TV on another device.

Cox.help was very helpful and I now have an answer to my issue. Not happy and no real solution for me, but they verified what I thought was happening that the firmware on my box no longer supports the updated Apple TV APP. I wanted to share this important information with the Community!