Forum Discussion

catladyrn
New Contributor
7 years ago

Add user?

Just came back to Cox after ten years with DirecTV.  I have DVR-6 and a mini.  Is there any way to opt out of whole home, or at least add another user?  It's frustrating for my daughter to have to navigate through my favorites and my preferences and my recordings when watching on another TV.  It looks like the earlier version of Contour allowed Add User, but I've searched and searched and can't find any option for separating user profiles.  Any help would be appreciated.

3 Replies

• catladyrn

You can go into the Settings, then Devices and name the smaller box whatever you'd like. Then she would need to set her recordings while under the name you create or choose. That should keep the recordings separate. If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out here 24/7.

StephanieS
    Cox Support Forums Moderator

catladyrn
    New Contributor

Hi Stephanie,

I hope I don't sound obtuse, but we already have each box already labeled by room, yet all the recordings, as well as the lists of programs recently watched, are jumbled together in a single menu.  Nowhere do I see a way to get only to the activity generated by a single box.  I don't know how to access separate lists of recordings.  Thanks.

XavierB
    Former Moderator
    Hi catladyrn,

We would need to take a look at your account. Could you email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full address and the primary name on the account.