Forum Discussion

capttesla
New Contributor
4 years ago

ABC and Fox not working

ABC and Fox channels are not working on any of our cable boxes. Receive a message that says “ we’re having trouble on our end. This channel isn’t currently working...”. Neither channel has worked for 3+ days. Reset box numerous times, reset system, unplugged and lugged back in and no change.  Cox support has been worthless, response was they must be undergoing maintenance at abc and Fox yet we aren’t showing anything, and should be back up in an hour or so. Yet no Response when I remind them they have been down for 3 days. 
anyone Else? Orange County, ca

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Capahab
    New Contributor

This has been going on for 6 months here. Usually it's CBS ofr me, but tonight it's NBC. Sunday night football no less. Expect no response

capttesla
      New Contributor

Thanks. That the exact same response I’ve received from Cox.

does it eventually start working?

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

What error code do you get?  If it's XRE03059, it's caused by a frequency issue for the channels that aren't working.  It usually resolves itself quickly, but it can be caused by a weak signal.  If the issue persists, you may need to schedule a tech visit to check your signal, If the issue is found to be on Cox's side of the demarc, you won't be charged for the service call.      

JulianN

Hello, we would be happy to assist with any questions or concerns you might have. Please email us your “full” name, “complete” address, and a copy of your post to Cox.Help@cox.com for further assistance. Thank you!