Forum Discussion

rpopil
New Contributor
8 days ago

No Call Waiting

I checked Voice Tools and my Call Waiting is turned on, but my incoming calls when I'm already on the line go right to voicemail, no beeps detected by me. Does this have to be activated by Cox remotely in addition to the Voice Tools Call Waiting being turned on?

4 Replies

rpopil
    New Contributor

Just wrapped up another issue with Cox a couple of weeks ago regarding Tivo Tuning Adapter/CableCARD updates - only took 8 days to fix with 2 engineering tickets written, so I'm used to Cox service frustrations.

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

I've heard the "Call Waiting" tone when I've been on the phone.  I didn't contact Cox to activate it.  

Cycle "Call Waiting" Off and On.  If that doesn't solve the problem, contact cox.help@cox.com   Include your full name, service address and a link to this discussion.  Voice Tools sometimes don't work properly.  Cox Social Media will coordinate with the vendor for a fix.

rpopil
      New Contributor

Still doesn't work, just contacted cox.help per your recommendation. Thanks for trying.

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

I forgot to mention you should ask Cox for your ticket number to be used in subsequent emails.  It may take some time for it to get fixed.  Cox will notify their vendor who will usually fix reported issues, but they aren't always quick about it.  Cox seems hesitant to ask for updates so you may have to initiate an occasional follow-up to ensure it gets done.