Forum Discussion

ed330ci
New Contributor
7 months ago

Lost Mobile Phone cannot be removed from system

Lost my Cox purchased mobile flip phone. Went to the retail store with substitute iPhone that was approved. Retail store gave me a new SIM card and told me to wait a few hours. It has been 13 days and no activation on my substitute iphone and Cox flip phone still listed in my account. 

I have spoken to at least 10 techs on this. Responses varied from "wait a few hours" to "it takes 5 working days" to "I can only escalate this to our highest tech support in Atlanta". I even received another SIM  card from Allison who thought that might work.

I just can't understand why the lost flip phone cannot be removed from the system by the local retail store. From what I can gather, the deletion of a mobile phone in the system to be replaced by another phone also in the system is not in the script the techs follow so they just come up with their own response to make the customer go away.  Now I am waiting for the tech support gurus in Atlanta but have no idea when they might get back to me or even confirmation that they received my ticket.

What is it going to take?

6 Replies

• Hello Ed330ci. I'm very sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Cox mobile service. I can see how this can be frustrating. When it comes to Cox mobile phone support you will need to call us. It's not something we handle here. I'm very sorry. Please call us at 1 800 234-3993 and ask for a supervisor. 

Cox Communications Forum Moderator

Nadzgrace
    New Contributor

I am having the exact same problem I'm stuck in the customer service loop! No one actually wants to help here! Phone service can't be removed from old device cause after a week of buying it from cox the phone bricked can't even get a refund.. now the phone that was bricked has the service on it okay so Apple sends a brand new device , and for some reason they have no Box to click to remove the service from the bricked phone and now I'm stuck with a locked phone and can't even get anyone to stop transferring me to the next person that says let me transfer you to the right department like 4 to 5 times!! I'm done I lost so much money not having a phone! I paid Out right for a IPhone 14 plus this is unacceptable business practices going on with cox store in Phoenix, Tolleson McDowell road. 

Becky

Hi Nadzgrace, I can only imagine how aggravated I'd be after what you've described. I must apologize, as Cox Mobile is currently outside the scope of support by Forum moderators. I don't want you to be stuck with a locked phone! I'm sure we can get this resolved for you. What happened when you went to the Cox Solutions Store? 

outbackcountry
      New Contributor II

I had a similar experience but lucky enough to get it resolved (but after a month of hellish experience). It took about a month to get it resolved though. In my case, the device didn't have a problem but bought a new device (when iPhone 15 was launched; old was 14 and I gifted away the old). The number from the old device couldn't be ported over to the new device, but CS suggested to activate the new with a new number (realized later this was a very very bad advice), then cancel and port over; well, that didn't work; with the new line cancelled, the new device vanished from the system/account. So, was with a locked device with no phone line (only wifi), cannot use it with Cox, cannot use it with any other carrier and no other phone number to use. Within couple of days I realized this was going to be bigger issue to resolve, so I ported my old number to another carrier temporarily with an old device (iPhone 8) that I had so that I had a functioning phone number.  It was funny that I was carrying two devices wherever I go for about a month.

The store support, phone support or the chat support weren't able to do anything (I have to say they really really tried; don't think its their fault; their system has issues or not mature enough to handle these); I think it was an issue their backend tech support had to fix. Every few days, I was on the phone with their support or with them in the store. Eventually after a month, several trips to the store, n number of chats, phone calls, their backend support fixed the issue, resurrected the new device as a brand new device for a fresh activation.  This time I was able to activate, port over the old number to the new device.  I still had to talk to their billing dept to get credits for phone line that didnt work. Thats another thing I have to resolve but was glad that the phone number porting was finally resolved. 

ChrisJ2

Hi, there. I'm so sorry for the poor experience you've had with us. I want to help. Please email us the physical address and any other pertinent information to Cox.Help@cox.com with your name and a copy of this forum message. We're happy to ensure you're credited for your issue.