Forum Discussion

Jdinges78
New Contributor
5 years ago

"Your subscription to McAfee VirusScan Expires soon...."

I have had this come up like 10 times since I have installed the software on my laptop, and I am sick of reinstalling the software because something is broken.  

I cannot log into McAfee because I do not have a valid account it says.  When I try to go there from Cox, it puts a 636 in front of my email address, thus the address is wrong.  Even when I make it right, still nothing

For how much we have to pay for the services, it should work....

Someone please help direct me where to go to fix it...

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

You need to stop uninstalling McAfee.  Let McAfee run its process to automatically renew your Cox Enterprise license.

Log into McAfee what?  The McAfee website?  If you download McAfee from Cox, it doesn't automatically create an account on the McAfee website.  You'll need to register for an account on the McAfee website.

Jdinges78
      New Contributor

And how does one do that....?  When I go to the McAfee site, there is no place to create an account.  Only places to "log in" which I cannot do, because I have no account there under my cox email account.  When I go there via the Cox site, it has 636_xxx@cox.net which other then the 636, is correct, but again, I cannot do anything at that point.  I can right click on the McAfee icon and it will verify I have an active subscription, but this stupid Windows Defender Notification will not go away, because it still thinks its expiring....

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Well, that's Windows Defender...not McAfee.  When you click the icon, what does Defender report?  Can you ignore it?

Windows Defender or Microsoft Defender on Win10?

The login is probably for a McAfee app on the Cox website:  cox.com/securitysuite.  You get up to 5 licenses and that 636 is probably your unique login for 1 of your 5 devices.  Perhaps your wife wouldn't want you shunting her firewall.