Forum Discussion

Alex_M
New Contributor II
4 years ago
Solved

Wifi Settings-- Cant "Apply Changes"?

Trying to change the wifi name and password. I'm able to enter the My Network section of my account, and in "edit wifi" I'm able to change the name and password, however the "apply changes" button becomes greyed out the moment I make any change, even if I revert the change to the original setting. Any ideas on how to fix...?

• Solved: 

The original, default password was several years old and no longer met the character requirements for a new password, so attempting to change the wifi name resulted in a greyed out Apply Changes button until a new password was typed in that met the updated requirements-- just in case anyone else has the same issue

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Alex_M
    New Contributor II

Solved: 

The original, default password was several years old and no longer met the character requirements for a new password, so attempting to change the wifi name resulted in a greyed out Apply Changes button until a new password was typed in that met the updated requirements-- just in case anyone else has the same issue

JonathanJ
      Former Moderator
      @Alex,

Glad you were able to resolve the issue please let us know if you have further concerns.

Jonathan J
      Cox Moderator
    BenS1
    Former Moderator
    Hi Alex M.

Please make sure that the password must be between 8 and 63 characters and may consist of letters, numbers, or special characters including:! @ % ^ * ( / ) . - _ + , ; $ ~ [ ].
    Any characters that are not in that list please do not include them.

Ben S.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Alex_M
      New Contributor II

Thanks for the response Ben, but I'm unable to apply changes even if I revert the password back to the original one. As soon as I make any change to the wifi settings, the apply changes button becomes unusable

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

if you can't make changes, how can you revert to the original setting?  If you can't makes changes, wouldn't it already have the original settings?  Unless you successfully changed it beforehand.

Why not do a factory reset?