Forum Discussion

krstockman
New Contributor
4 years ago

wifi issues

Any suggestions?  I upgraded to a Panoramic wifi router because I was told by COX that would solve all of our wifi issues.  After upgrading - we are having terrible speed and loss of connectivity happening daily.  A technician came out and there were issues outside.  It worked fine for a week - up to 970 mbps download speeds - now we are back to around 170-300 mbps download speeds and losing connectivity multiple times per day. I've done so many chat sessions and phone calls - I'm ready to start charging COX for my time.  I'm spending HOURS each week trying to deal with this issue and paying COX for gigablast service.  What can be done about this situation?

14 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Describe your service before getting the Pano.  Make and model of DOCSIS and router.  What plan were you on?  What were the "WiFi issues" of your previous router?  Do you need gigabit service?  If so, why?

krstockman
      New Contributor

Before - we were on an older wifi modem and I used a Netgear Nighthawk router.  We started having dropped signals so COX suggested we upgrade our modem/router.  It was just happening randomly. Once we switched to the Panoramic wifi model and did away with my Nighthawk wifi router - we are having drops every day with ALL devices.  We have the same number of devices as before - we are all streaming services.  COX came out last month and said there was an issue on the outside service where 2 lines were running and weren't supposed to be.  He fixed that and it worked great for about a week and then we started having dropped signals and many days can't even connect to wifi.  We are currently having to use our phones to connect for wifi most of the time.  I work at home and have 2 kids in virtual classes and it's a huge pain for what we pay.

krstockman
        New Contributor

I've been on the gigablast plan ever since it was available.

LisPhx
    New Contributor

I’m a new customer, and I have only had the panoramic WiFi box. I have horrible Service. My Internet goes out for 10 minutes every two hours and then comes back on. It is causing all of my devices to disconnect and is seriously problem given that I work from home due to the pandemic. All my neighbors have this problem too. I am unable to use another provider because of the Cox monopoly. 

I have Cox complete care, and I’m paying over $200 a month for services that do not work.  It’s is their network...they are not able to provide consistent services. Just keep complaining and keep a log of time and date. Download the Cox WiFi app if you haven’t already and get a screenshot every time. im at the point where I am getting ready to file a complaint. Not sure who I need to file a complaint with, but I am livid. This is the 5th largest city in the US, but I can’t get WiFi here. It makes no sense.

Allan
      @LisPhx, I recommend sending us an email to cox.help@cox.com with your full name, address, and a brief description of the concern so we can help. Thanks. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.