Forum Discussion

kcbrent
New Contributor II
10 days ago

What is with all the downtime lately?

What is the deal with the constant downtime we are seeing? Almost every day now, sometimes multiple times a day (I think the other day there were 3 planned downtime events). I only know they are planned because when I call into Cox, the automated message informs me of planned upgrades in my area currently going on.

The frustration with this is that it also occurs at times during the day when I am working remotely. I also receive no notification at all about planned downtime and there is a consistent lack of customer notifications on the part of Cox and not keeping them in the loop about downtime especially during daily working hours. I am often in the middle of something only to find out my internet shut off.

I have no problem with upgrades, I get it, but it is an absolute nuisance with the number of upgrades occurring right now, the frequency they are occurring at, the time frame they are occurring, and the lack of notifications to customers so that we (as customers) can plan our days around them.

11 Replies

Mmodena
    New Contributor

Same for me! We constantly lose service. I even have extenders and most of the time we can only get service in one room when you have it. Consistently have to turn off WiFi on our devices and use our cellular plans. We have continuous recording cameras but doesn’t do any good without service!! So frustrating and ready to find a more reliable service. Been without service for hours now and expected repair time keeps getting pushed out. Should not have to pay for a service that only works half the time. 

Shaun_A

Hello Mmodena.  I am sorry for the service issues you are experiencing. We strive to ensure our service remains reliable and operates properly at all times for our customer's needs. Can you send us an email to Cox.Help@cox.com with your full name and complete address? We would like to investigate this issue for you.

kcbrent
    New Contributor II

Internet down again, and has been down for 2 ½ hours now. This stuff is starting to get really ridiculous, I am getting tired of the constant downtime anymore, and people have work to do.

MariaL

Hi kcbrent, 

We'd like to investigate this issue but will need some additional information to do so. Please email our team at Cox.Help@cox.com with this post, your full name, and your complete address. 

PCASTILL67
    New Contributor

I agree we should have a notification sent out prior to any scheduled maintenance work being done in our area.  We should also get a credit on our accounts for our internet and cable outage.   This will help offset the extra charges I will get from using the data on my phone for the last two days.  

1hawkskuman
    New Contributor

I work from home as well, internet goes down I don’t get paid. 3 days this week has been in and out. 

kcbrent
      New Contributor II

It is frustrating, especially the daytime upgrades, which I think there has been 1 or 2 recently.

It would really be nice if Cox notifies us via email , even if it’s a simple: hey, we have planned downtime on such and such a day, plan ahead. But it is when I am caught off guard completely unexpected that frustrates me the most. 

rjb746
    New Contributor

I am having the same issue. 3 days now. Keeps dropping every few minutes. Very frustrating because I also work from home and the VPN security scan required by my employer takes 3-5 minutes to complete, every time it drops…..If this is some kind of maintenance then why not do it at night when less people are online? I pay a lot for Cox because of speed and consistency. If either of those is lacking it’s no longer worth the cost. 

SharielH

Hi rjb746, 

I am sorry you're having issues with your service. We work from home as well and understand how frustrating it would be having drops in service. With outage, we do try to do most work overnight but at times may need to work during the day. With more people working from home now, we try to work during low peak hours. We would definitely hate to lose you and want to help. Please send us an email to Cox.Help@Cox.Com with your full name, address and link to this forums. 

kcbrent
        New Contributor II

Yet they cannot send a notification out?

• Hi. I am truly sorry to hear you are having issues with your service. Please email my team with your request at cox.help@cox.com so we can obtain account details and review further.