What causes T3 timeouts?
After several service calls, I finally got all of the issues with my connection resolved. There were multiple issues including bad exterior cable and bad amplifier on the pole. Everything was great for about 10 days, then T3 timeouts started occurring.
I'm not asking for someone to give me a reply that says "We'd be happy to take a look at your account." The signals and error rates are great. Almost perfect I would say, which is why I'm baffled by the onset of multiple T3 timeouts starting a few days ago.
What causes T3 timeouts? What are some reasons that these would start occurring? Almost everything out to the pole has been replaced (modem, interior cable, most exterior cable, pole amplifier) so I have to wonder if it's a problem farther up the line or even at the CMTS itself. Is that possible?
|06/01/2020 13:02||82000500||3||"Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=(redacted);CMTS-MAC=(redacted);CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;"|
The problem with those power levels is like I was saying earlier, it's just a snapshot. A competent Cox tech can monitor in real time what your power levels are and see if there is fluctuation. Your issue looks pretty similar to what I was dealing with (good TX-RX power, SNR, etc) and my problem started right after Cox split one of their nodes (Vegas) to ease congestion. That's when I removed my only spiltter (was trying to keep RX levels closer to 0) and pulled a new cable to the curb from DMARC (3rd time). Since then, I've been rock solid.
I will say dealing with cox help over the phone or txt is a waste of time. You need a good tech you can talk to face to face, because it seems you have the vocabulary to troubleshoot this, you just need a tech with more/better tools.