Forum Discussion

DJ_Scott
New Contributor
8 months ago

Website Not Found (Only on Cox Internet)

About 2 hours ago several of my sites, hosted by Go Daddy, cannot be found when my devices are connected to Cox internet (wireless or ethernet). Even though I have a solid internet connection and can load other sites - Google, Facebook... If I use an alternative source of internet, from the same location, i.e. Verizon hotspot, my sites load just fine.

I have spoken to both Cox and Go Daddy. Each says there is no reported problem and nothing they can do.

I have booted the router. Turned off all of my machines. Cleared the cache. And duplicated the same results on different computers\devices - Laptop, Desktop, iPad, and iPhone. COX has also reset the equipment.

The last word from Go Daddy was - Give it some time. The last word from Cox was - You have internet, so if your site's not loading that's a Go Daddy issue.

I know it sounds like a crazy situation, but I'm open to suggestions.

15 Replies

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

Go Daddy has a habit of blocking Cox IP addresses. Run a Tracert to one of the sites being hosted, I will wager a cup of coffee, that it starts to fail at their router. 

Ran into that a LOT when I was working for Cox...

DJ_Scott
      New Contributor

Thanks for the Tracert suggestion. The first fail on the list was at line 9 which they said proved it was not the router. But if you worked for Cox you would know better than I. It's all Greek to me.

ExtraChrispy
        Contributor III

Please post your results so we may all better understand what they mean.

DJ_Scott
      New Contributor

Thanks everyone for being SO responsive. I was out of the office today with no access to reply. Long story short - I replaced the Gateway Modem and all is better.

Tech support was completely baffled. But, I visited a Cox Store and the manager said, whenever something weird like that happens it's typically a sign that the modem is going bad.

So, short of this issue resurfacing I'm once again a happy COX customer. [Smile]

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

Sounds more like it was a IP block and changing the gateway changed the public IP. It would still be helpful to see the old tracert vs the new one to confirm.

rcraft10ff
    New Contributor

I'm having a similar issue. Have gone through a couple new modems trying to diagnose it. Finally picked up the new Cox Panaramic wifi router and seeing the following issues: 

1. WIfi works fine on all my devices using the Cox Panoramic Wifi
    2. However the coxwifi ssid is broadcasting, but says no internet. Confirmed its enabled under my accounts settings at cox.com
    3. Plugging ethernet into my only laptop that still has an ethernet jack, it only loads certain websites like google, cnn.com, etc. But websites like twitter.com and reddit.com, ktul.com don't load. 
    4. Did a tracert when plugged into ethernet and you can see those photos attached below. 
    5. Tried bridge mode to connect the cox modem to my google nest wifi router, but when I go through the setup, it says no connection and can't find the device any longer.

Thanks for any help or advice!

ExtraChrispy
      Contributor III

Please run ipconfig on this device and share youre results.  If you're connected directly to the modem and pulling a public IP address, feel free to obscure a portion of the address for security purposes.

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

What DNS are you using? I see you get 108.157.142.47 for KTUL.com but I get 18.161.21.72 using FIOS DNS. Try google DNS. Also, if you don't have a Panoranic gateway, try disabling IPv6.

zxmcbv
    New Contributor

I can confirm COX is blocking internet sites.  All you have to do to verify this is use a VPN, and try to access the website again.  Most likely you will be able to access it using a VPN because "COX is blocking and your VPN bypasses COX's DNS lookups and WEB address blacklists".  If your a google account person they have google one vpn that is free to use and I have verified works in this situation. Also verified NORD vpn works as well. COX IS ALSO BLOCKING CONSERVATIVE PATRIOT NEWS SOURCES!  Please stop, We See You Doing it!