Forum Discussion

Salley
New Contributor
10 months ago

Terrible new email format. Can I get the old format back? Too much empty space. Can only see 5 emails at a time.

Who thinks empty white space is welcome on the screen. Lines of incoming mail are too far apart. A whole inch of white space at the top of the page. Marking email to delete is confusing. Former format worked just fine.

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Tap the 3 lines in the upper left next to Cox logo in the email webpage. Click Settings then Inbox. Play around with that and then click the gear icon to the right of the Search box. More options to play around with.

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

The whole inch of white space at the top, is probably an ad being blocked. 

• I can only see one message at a time on my laptop!  How can I get the old format back?????

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor
      How can I get the old format back?????

Sorry, you can't. It's gone. ☹

• Yea this is horrible! And correct, can only see 5 emails at a time! Very cumbersome to use. I'm too old to adjust to a new confusing non-user friendly format. Why do they think it's better to change things constantly? I can't deal with this new format

Darkatt
      Valued Contributor III

Not sure why you can only see 5 emails, I actually have 7, but then I have a large monitor and ultra hires, if I use my macbook, I get 6. It appears to be screen size dependent. Verified the white bar at the top is an advertisement blocked by my browser. 

FYI, It's also possible the contract with the previous webmail company ran out and they were too expensive to re-up, so then went with another provider. 

peggy8080
        Contributor

2/3 of my screen is everything but my email. My email gets the bottom 1/3 which is 5 emails

CuriousJ
      Contributor

peggy8080 click the gear icon right of the search bar and play around with those settings. I think you want Layout —-Vertical.