Forum Discussion

dberg23
New Contributor
26 days ago

Technician Fees Not Disclosed Upfront

I recently transferred my Cox service when I moved and was told I simply needed pick up newer equipment, plug it in and would be up and running. That was not the case. I chatted with tech support who was not able to resolve my issue and was told that a technician would need to be scheduled to come out. No mention of a charge for this service was made by the representative. The technician came out and was able to get my service up and running and I inquired on if there would be a charge. He stated no, he did not see one listed. Now my bill is out and I’m being charged a $100 for the visit. I spoke to 2 separate representatives who apologized for the miscommunication from both of their employees (appointment setter and technician) but informed that the charged must remain. Completely unethical and a true lack of customer service to provide a service to someone, never mention a service charge, and then add a huge fee to their bill. The fee is more than the bill itself. Cox is really lack luster in their customer service and I truly understand why others refuse to sign up with them. 

• Hello dberg23, We value your business and want you to remain connected at all times. I know how important it is to be given awareness if or when there would be a possible service call fee. I regret to hear that you were surprised to see a charge after the visit. If there was an issue on Cox equipment or the Cox network, we would waive a service call fee.

When you have a moment, would you email us at Cox.Help@cox.com with your name, complete address, and the URL to this comment of yours? I understand you have spoken with representatives about this already, but we can help investigate this further on your behalf.