Forum Discussion

Norm51
New Contributor
7 years ago

Spell Check

Why did Cox eliminate spell check? I have had your e-mail service for over 20 years and now in 2018 you take away such an essential feature? Adding insult to injury, you have spell check as a feature in this forum!!!!!

Ridiculous.

4 Replies

• Hi Norm51,

The functionality of spell check is no longer a feature for webmail, however, spell check is built into the web browser (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, etc.).

• Well I'm gathering that the costs incurred by mitigating the spell check redundancies through expensive and complicated extricating of this sophisticated feature from webmail will necessitate another rate increase.

Spell_check
    New Contributor
    MariaL said:
    Hi Norm51,

The functionality of spell check is no longer a feature for webmail, however, spell check is built into the web browser (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, etc.).

How does spell check in the browser help me check the spelling in my email??
  • Hi Spell Check,

Since Cox Webmail is accessed through the browser, it will pickup on spelling errors. You would just need to ensure that the spell check feature is enabled in that browser.