Forum Discussion

SPata
New Contributor
3 years ago

Slow upload speeds

For the past 4 days I have been experiencing extremely slow upload speeds, 0,07mbps - 0.36mbps. I've contacted support but they were zero help and wanted me to pay $75 for a tech to come out and troubleshoot the problem. Short of unplugging my modem, placing it in the trash bin, and getting service from a different provider what are my options? 

Can anyone help me fix this?

1 Reply

CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hello @SPata,

I completely understand the hassle of having inconsistent internet speeds. I am here to help. Please allow me to clarify the service appointment fee. You will not be charged a $75 service appointment fee if the issue is caused by Cox equipment or Cox network. This is determined by the technician doing the service appointment. We also have a subscription-based service called Cox Complete Care that can handle some out-of-pocket fees to include service appointment fees. I have included a link for more details. There is a 3-month subscription required. You can add this service even while the technician is at your residence during the service appointment. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

www.cox.com/.../completecare.html -CCC

Crystal S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator