Forum Discussion

PJ_Herbst
New Contributor
3 years ago

Sent emails have disappeared - twice

Twice within the last 30 days, ALL of my "sent" emails have disappeared.  I have taken no action to delete those messages.  My Inbox seems unaffected, as all messages received that I wanted to keep are still there.  This situation is true no matter how I access my mail, and it makes no difference which device I use.  My spouse also has Cox email, and has suffered no such losses.  I have only used about 25% of my GB allowance.  Does anyone have any idea what is going on here?  The agents at Cox could not help me, but did suggest that I sign up for a service plan (they never stop selling, do they?).  I assure one and all that I am not deleting my sent messages while in a somnambulant state.  For now, I have started bccing myself on my sent emails.

Any suggestions are welcome here.  I have been a Cox customer for many years, but am thinking that perhaps a divorce from them is in order.

• DannyS - Thank you!  Yes, these messages are also all missing on webmail as well.  I will reach our via email.

• If these emails in question are missing as well when logging into our web client directly.  When available can you please reach us on Twitter at CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email by at cox.help@cox.com.  Supply us with your name and complete service address for additional assistance anytime.  We are always happy to help.

• While I do not have an answer to your question, I have the same issue with no resolution from Cox.  Did you ever end up with an answer, successfully recover your sent messages, and/or discovered how to prevent for the future?

DannyS

Hello shheinlein, we have not had any recent reports of this type of error occurring.  If you use a third-party client to access your email account with us.  You may need to check the IMAP settings in that device.  As if anything is set there.  It may be deleting the emails from that folder. 

shheinlein
        New Contributor

Thank you DannyS!  I do use Cox email through Outlook...and have been for years and years, but have never had this happen!  I had not changed any settings.  I checked the settings and the only one I saw was for the deleted emails folder where it would only keep them for 1 week.  (I changed this to never.)  I had important information and correspondence and it all disappeared from the Sent folder (anything prior to 25 Oct 2023) with no prompting on my part.  I would like to have these messages recovered.  Truly I changed nothing...Last Friday 3 Nov I went to access a sent email from 18 October and could not find it and discovered all my sent mail history from before 25 October had been deleted.  I tried receiving assistance through the Chat option with no luck, but appreciate any help you can give!