Forum Discussion

RegD
New Contributor
5 years ago

refund or credit

Has anyone had any success or lack of success in requesting a credit. 

I feel I pay too much for 1000 download speeds when my service is consistently a fraction (about one-fourth or one-third of that).

I don't know if this is related, but yesterday, I could not even participate in a Zoom meeting with 18 other people. Audio was too choppy to be understood, I could not see them, and I got bounced off three times. And my Smart TV programming (Hulu, Netflix, Prime, etc) keeps stopping/getting stuck due to my internet connected. I do not have a hard cable connection to the TV - just wireless from my modem combo. And there are only two people in my household using at any given time, one TV, one or laptops, one or two cell phones - that's it.

3 Replies

• Hi RegD,

We'd be happy to investigate this issue and address your concerns; however, we will need some additional information in order to do so. Please email our team at cox.help@cox.com with this post, your full name, and your complete address.

Maria
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
    Frustrated702
    New Contributor II

I have been a customer with Cox for about 20 years. I've been having issues for six months. I pay more for my internet/cable than my Harley and I have only gotten a $15.00 credit (it hasn't even shown on my account yet). This company is getting out of hand. I feel insignificant and the customer service is horrible. I wouldn't mind paying more if my issues would be solved. I hope they treat you better.

lollypop
    New Contributor

wow...i have had my fair share of issues with Cox....however they have always credited me when i have had issues...and as for the streaming TV (which i also use) sometimes it is the streaming i.e Netflix/Hulu/Amazon that is the issue not Cox....also keep in mind that right now the internet is being used my so many at the same time that EVERYONE'S speeds are reduced....and it does say that in our contracts...that during "rush hour" times speeds may be reduced....and since the whole country is trying to use the internet due to the shutdown of the country...we are all having the same issue...i would stay on them about getting credited....they will do that if u get the right person on the phone....u just have to be vigilant on ur part...hope this helps...and i DO NOT work for Cox...lol