My internet has gone out again and for what will be the 4th time I'll have scheduled a tech come out to look at the lines. The trend I've noticed is that the drop cable from the street to the house ...
In the image of my OP you can see the outer casing of the Coax wire is deformed/bubbled up. Additionally there was a burning smell that emanated from the box. Also the plastic casing, housing the connection had burn marks within it as well.
I'm concerned about these "technicians." What were they doing all along? Just snipping off the end of the cable and replacing it? No concern why the cable was overheating? This is a fire hazard for you and your family. These technicians should lose their certification and license.
If all 4 techs were following policy to ignore any potential electrical hazard, you may have a case with your State BBB.