Forum Discussion

pboltonmd1
Visitor II
2 months ago

Persistent, intermittent internet disconnects

Hello:

I have had COX Gigawhatever internet for 6 years without 1 issue. On Jube 14, 2024 COX did some neighborhood maintenance with 9 hours of no service.

Since coming back online I have outages every 1 to 2 hours for 7 to 10 minutes. The modem connection lights remain normal, all my devices show full WiFi signal and hard wired devices are interrupted too. The connection resumes on its own after 10ish minutes or if I reset the modem. 

A COX technician came out and said this was a COX problem, not a modemn problem because some neighbors were having the same issue which started at the same time. The technician reported it over a month ago but it persists.

Any suggestions?

ColleenD

Hi pboltonmd1 and crotchlaguna 
      I wouldn't like it either to experience intermittent internet disconnects. Because you are describing service issues not likely to be solved by our community forums users, please see below and contact us directly for assistance.
      Please know the purpose of the Cox community forums is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox services with other customers and we encourage our users to assist each other where possible via this avenue. 

Billing, account and some service issues require the sharing of sensitive information to resolve which isn't best suited for a public forum. Please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name, complete street address, the details of your concern and a link to this post. You can also reach us on Twitter/X  @CoxHelp, or visit us on Facebook.

Because this post falls outside of the purpose of our forums I will be turning off replies to this thread. We look forward to receiving your email so that we may assist you.