Forum Discussion

Teresa16
New Contributor II
5 years ago

Over billed for Internet usuage

For the last 3 months I have been over billed because my internet usage has suddenly been going over even though I haven't changed nothing as far as my personal usage on the internet. Coxs usage meter is BS no one has hacked into my internet at all infact the last month or two I have even used less internet and it still goes over. Anyone else having these problems with Cox?

4 Replies

KleeWai
    New Contributor III

Like about 100% of their users are having problems with cox.

Teresa16
      New Contributor II

I Bet. This has been going on for 3 months

DannyS
        Hello, we only have the same information pertaining to data usage that you do logging into your account online. Many factors can be considered when calculating total data usage. Items such as open guest networks that others can access, programs that may be installed that continuously runs in the background even when not in use. An example would be an App like Netflix where if you do not fully log out after use, the program continues to run. Other things can be something like malware that was downloaded which can use data without knowledge as well. Our data usage is obtained by a third-party vendor to ensure accuracy and if you would ever question your usage. You can download software that can be downloaded onto your device that tracks total usage. Keep in mind that our daily usage only updates nightly so will be a day behind when looking at total usage. Once you have a report of usage and for any reason it is different, it can be submitted to us and we would be happy to open a ticket for you to have this investigated for accuracy. As of March 16th for the next 60 days, all data usage charges are being credited back to accounts when needed. If you would have any questions about your personal account? Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us your name and the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Regniri
      New Contributor

KleeWai, please speak only for yourself.  I have been very pleased with my service.  Been a long time customer and have never had an issue that couldn't be fixed quickly and easily. 

Teresa16, download the cox wifi app and you should be able to tell where the data is being used.  It will even show you all the devices connected to your network.