OKC Internet Outage
Multiple issues with Cox Internet and TV (through Contour).
1) Outage in the metro since Friday, October 30th.
2) No communication from Cox that the service was down. Power company has provided as detailed of updates as they can throughout the storm and recovery process. I would hope Cox could do the same.
3) Mixed messages - Signed up for text message alerts. A message on Saturday, November 7th said service was back up and running. Online platform said it was still inoperable.
4) Have to call to receive refunds on my account bill. I feel like Cox should know when an entire area is without service, and at a minimum automatically take care of billing and at most suspend charges until service is restored. To not be transparent with customers that service is inoperable and still charge seems like good grounds for a class action lawsuit for refunds.
5) Other telecommunications companies in the area are not having the same issue...if the core issue is related to power restoration, then why does Cox not have better disaster recovery plans than their competitors?
Tech support just told me the resolution should be at 5:19pm CST today...fingers crossed. If it's not, I think I'll be shopping alternatives.