Forum Discussion

Lordhelpme
New Contributor
4 months ago

My entire experience with cox has been terrible

Hi,

I would like to report my experience with your company so far. I am moving to Nebraska on 7/13 and will need internet. I had a promotional deal I wanted to use but my apartment uses quick connect and told me I had to use a link to sign up. This link would not allow me to use the promotional deal. I talked to Gretchen on live chat who set me up with the deal I found and the quick connect modem. Unfortunately, she activated it immediately instead of on 7/13. I would have to pay for a month of service before I even move in. That was my first problem.

Problem 2: she said she would put me in touch with the loyalty department because they could fix this problem. I waited for 2 hours and the chat got disconnected. 

Problem 3: I messaged live chat again. The person also said they would put me in touch with the loyalty department. I waited for 2.5 hours before I heard from someone in the loyalty department. At this point it’s midnight.

Problem 4: Josh L from the loyalty department said he couldn’t put my account on hold because I have a pending work order (???) and I’d have to wait until after the work order is complete. After I explained that there is literally nobody even at the address, he said that I would have to wait 30 days before I could put my account on hold. When I explained AGAIN that I need the hold for 30 days from now because I’m not even in the state of Nebraska yet, he said there is nothing he can do. I used my own customer service experience and did some problem solving for him and asked if they could just credit the account for the first month (even though I’d still be paying for a week that I would not be there yet) and he said he couldn’t do that because they only do that for people having a problem with their service!! I’m having multiple problems with the CUSTOMER service!

In fact, the only experience I’ve had with Cox so far has been problem after problem! I canceled my account immediately. I never thought I’d say that I wish I could bring Comcast internet with me to Nebraska!

• HI and thank you for reaching out. I am so sorry you had a negative experience with us. That is never our desire. Please email my team with your request at cox.help@cox.com so we can obtain account details and review further.

Thank you.