Forum Discussion

peggy8080
Contributor
6 years ago

Mailbox quota full

I noticed this morning i was no longer receiving emails. When I looked closer it ways my quota is at 100%. Just last week it was at 30%. Is there a reason it went from 30 to 100 overnight? I have spent the entire day deleting hundreds of emails and nothing changes. I use my email daily and this is unacceptable. Does anyone know what happened?

16 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Did you recently downgrade from either an gigablast or ultimate level of internet service to preferred 100 or below by chance? The email storage for gigablast is 15GB and ultimate is 10 GB, while and of the lower packages is only 2GB per mailbox.

Brian
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      peggy8080
      Contributor

Thank you Brian. After spending hours on chat, on hold, and talking to multiple reps, including tier 2, not one person figured this out. They even told me they were sending in a ticket. I actually figured this out on my own earlier today, because that was the only thing I could think of. I went from 300 to 100 to save just a few dollars, as my bill has gone up over $50 in three months, and I'm trying to save a little money until I can sign up for anther service, and we have four email addresses that all have to be converted and many email contacts need to be upgraded as we've had cox for 27 years but they still wont work with us on our bill. The worst part, since I changed, is I can't get any emails, because storage is full. I've been deleting emails for 14 hours straight today and still can't get the storage below the 2gb. So my email account at this point is useless. The NEVER told me I would not be able to get emails, never mentioned the storage change. In fact, I've found over the past few months, they've lied to me about multiple things.

BrianM
        I am sorry about that, that should have been discussed during the downgrade. One thing you may want to do would be to organize the messages by size (click sort by and then size in webmail). This will arrange the emails by the largest file size first and then you can delete the larger messages that you do not need (especially the one's with large attachments). Another option would be to temporarily upgrade you back to the previous level of service which would increase the email storage size back to where it was. Once you have cleared the mail down to a more manageable size, we could then put you back to the preferred 100 (this should be able to be done as long as there are not any special discounts attached to the current level of service, otherwise that would be lost in the process). The third and probably least desirable option would be to setup your email on a computer or mobile device using a mail program (Outlook, Mac Mail, etc.) and then set it up using a pop server so that all of the mail would then be downloaded from our mail server/webmail onto that computer. The downside to this of course would be that the current mail would no longer be seen on webmail when that is completed, but it would take it off of our servers so that your email storage is wiped clean. If the 2nd option is something that you would like to look into, you can email our team at cox.help@cox.com with your name/address and link to this thread.

Brian
        Cox Support Forum Moderator