Forum Discussion

Raskie
New Contributor III
6 years ago

Mail server down????

As of 9:05 AM CDT I am unable to receive mail on my computer, using Apple Mail, my iPad, or my phone.  I can however send mail and receive mail through Cox Web Mail.  I called tech help and, as usual, they are unaware of any problems or outages on their end.  Anyone else having problems or is it just me??

46 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Recon
    New Contributor

Down in Phoenix and has been slow for weeks after raising my bill 20.00 last month!

• I'm running MacOs Mojave; Mail app cannot connect to the IMAP server; has been going on about an hour. Located in Omaha, Nebraska. 

Recon
    New Contributor

My email accounts are acting like they did when they got hacked. I am just saying maybe system wide?

• I've been on the phone, chat and messaging with Cox for over a week. Search function not working, constant timeouts and proxy errors, escalating to level 2, and they claim they have no idea and that I'm the only one who has this problem. They supposedly put in a support ticket but that was two days ago. Haven't heard back yet

• Same problem, can't use search function, getting time out errors, proxy errors, can't log in, can't open emails. I've called and chatted and messaged for several hours. Level 2 has no idea and claims I'm the only customer with this problem. Supposedly they have a ticket started but that was two days ago and so far nothing. 

LisaH
      Hi Peggy8080. I apologize that it does take a few days for our Email Team to investigate this information. For further assistance, please email this link along with your complete address and name on the account to cox.help@cox.com and we will be glad tin investigate. Thanks, Lisa - Cox Support Forums Moderator
        peggy8080
        Contributor

I emailed support using that email address and they told me the same, it's been resolved, but it is NOT resolved. I'm still having the same issues and what's worse is I was told I would get no service credit because email is a "free" service. BULL!! I pay over $200 a month for internet and cable and email accounts are included in that . IT IS NOT FREE. I have spent hours trying to fix this issue and you refuse to honor a service credit

Raskie
    New Contributor III

Totally UNBELIEVABLE!!!!  I am finally able to both send and receive mail using Apple Mail, but now I am unable to log into ANY of my mail accounts using Cox Web Mail.   Shaking my head.

LisaH
      Hi Raskie. Are you getting an error? For further troubleshooting, please email cox.help@cox.com and include this link along with the complete address and name on the account. Thanks, Lisa - Cox Support Forums Moderator