Forum Discussion

Sir_Karthik
New Contributor
4 years ago

Lowe power levels on my Arris Modem

So according to arris my power levels should be around 45-61 dBmV. This can be seen here:

Arris official recommendation

For some reason on my Arris modem, I am only getting around 35. Screenshot below. Other levels look good as per Arris recommendations, it's just this specific area my levels are low. Customer support has been no help. 

Current Speeds

23 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Arris can't provide the acceptable range of signal strengths of a provider, plan and modem.  Only Cox can provide this range because it's their network.

What's the results of your speed tests?

Sir_Karthik
      New Contributor

They are all pretty low. I am paying for 500 down and 10 up. I get around 200 down and 6 up on average

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Do you test directly connected to the modem or through your router?

Dave9
    Contributor III

I wish Arris would take that page down. The cable system tells your modem exactly what signal it needs to use in order to transmit properly. It would be a waste of power to use any higher power. It's fine the way it is. I wonder if some intern wrote that page years ago and then Arris forgot about it?

Cox_User_So_Far
    New Contributor II

Cox service is being replaced particularly by AT&T who are extremely responsive and easier to contact.  The pole with the Cox wiring feeding to our home is completely covered with vines and not even visible. Cox has made NO effort to address this although I have the best and most expensive service available in my area, it is compromised by Cox's not keeping the lines clear on the poles in our area.

New Orleans needs more competition for internet services.