Forum Discussion

sprasad3
New Contributor II
24 days ago

Link cox.net mailbox in Yahoo

I was able to transition my cox.net account to Yahoo.
I already have a yahoo mail account - lets call it xyz@yahoo.com

Yahoo allows linking mailboxes to have a unified inbox. This is not working with my cox.net account
1. If I choose "yahoo" service provider option it says cox.net is not a valid yahoo email address 🤪
2. I cannot choose the "other" option as Cox servers no longer connect 😬

This is really messed up 😠
How to get this to work. Surely there is an underlying yahoo domain to the cox.net domain ??
Has no-one at Cox/Yahoo thought about this use case ??

8 Replies

scgkj
    New Contributor

Cox is telling me that yahoo has my email address. Did you get an email directly from yahoo that then gives you instructions?

sprasad3
      New Contributor II

The instructions email came from cox itself. 
      Since the migration - I’m getting bounced around between the 2 support teams 🤦‍♂️

Its a 💩show if you ask me 😠

ExtraChrispy
        Contributor III

I suggest starting with the basics.  Can you sign into your cox.net email directly via the Yahoo login without linking the accounts?

• Hi sprasad3, 

I am sorry to hear that you are bouncing between both tech support teams for this issue: "Yahoo allows linking mailboxes to have a unified inbox. This is not working with my cox.net account."  I understand how frustrating this must be for you, but it sounds like the transition worked as intended and your emails are now on the Yahoo servers. 

You'll need to confirm this with the Yahoo email support team, but it sounds like this is happening because you no longer have an email account on the Cox email servers for Yahoo to link with. It seems as if the Yahoo email servers don't see cox.net as a Yahoo account to link up with. 

I appreciate your patience, thank you, 

Mike

Cox Support Forums Moderator

sprasad3
      New Contributor II

Did I decide my account should be migrated from Cox to Yahoo ??
      Typical of Cox to wash their hands off the issue and blame Yahoo - where is the accountability ?? 😡

I have been with Yahoo for hours, multiple calls, screen recordings - forced to do these despite my reservations as Yahoo would not assist if I did not agree to screen shares

"but it sounds like the transition worked as intended and your emails are now on the Yahoo servers."
      "It seems as if the Yahoo email servers don't see cox.net as a Yahoo account to link up with. "

Your two statements are contradictory - the transition did not work as intended

I have been your customer since 2003 but I'm seriously thinking of discontinuing my service after this fiasco.

F---ing fix this 💩

DorisM

I'm sorry for your experience in trying to get your email account migrated. Please email my team at cox.help@cox.com so we can obtain account details and review further.